What we recycle
• Plastics #1 and #2 only
Grocery bags (bundle together)
Bubble wrap only if popped
-NO STYROFOAM OR PLASTICS 3-7
• Cardboard, to including paperboard (cereal boxes, etc.), brown paper bags, egg cartons, milk cartons (plastic lids in with plastic)
• Compost Kitchen Greens
NO MEAT, NO DAIRY
• Glass Option limits: (12) 12-ounce bottles, OR 7 wine bottles, OR other glass jar and/or bottle equivalent
- unlimited blue glass and local 12 oz beer bottles
•Local bottles qualifying for the Bayern EcoPak Program (in original six-pack containers)
-PLUS unlimited BLUE GLASS bottles and jars
• Metals to include Tin cans, Aluminum cans
• Junk mail/Office paper
• Phone books
• Cell phones
Can Be recycled anytime with recycling:
-Scrap metals or smaller e-waste
If you already have a sorting system in place, we encourage you to continue to use it as long as the
CUMULATIVE RECYCLING VOLUME not to include cardboard is equal to:
18 gallons for option 1
36 gallons for option 2
COMPOST IS GREENS ONLY
NO MEAT, NO DAIRY
PLEASE Clean and Organize Recycling
Proper recycling begins with quickly rinsing out bottles, cans, and food containers with water. Crush or Compact anything that can be if you're able to, and collapse boxes. Next, sort neatly.
Sorting Guideline Requirements:
* Recyclables need to be readily distinguishable from each other, either through the use of bins, boxes, dividers, or bags.
-Broken down cardboard (INCLUDES PAPERBOARD) can be placed outside your bin/box. This does not contribute to the BIN VOLUME per pickup.
-Qualifying blue and local glass does not contribute to the collection capacity per pickup.
Presorting recyclables helps us tremendously when processing; saving time and energy. Thank you!
Examples of Some of Our Recyclers' Sorting Arrangements